Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm on my way...



          Happy Thursday! I can actually say that I have been to the gym 3 times in the last 3 days. I can't believe it. I don't even dread going actually...I have been doing the treadmill and the bike. I can honestly say that I like the bike better because it doesn't hurt me like the treadmill does. I haven't given up on the treadmill though,( and I don't plan on it) because I know it will take time to build up my endurance. I've started slow on the treadmill, but with the bike I can go for 30 minutes at a pretty vigorous pace. It is also burning lots of calories-- or at least that's what my "my fitness pal" app says...Does anyone know if that is accurate or not? I kind of wonder about those app's becaue I'm just not 100% sure if I'm really in truly burning that amount of calories in a workout. I feel so much better physically now and it's only been 3 days!! I can't wait to see how I feel in a month or more. That'll be awesome!


           I feel like I ramble a lot on here and that could be because I don't really have a lot to say at the moment (shocking for me though I know!!). What would you like to see me talk about? I don't want to get too personal so if  you have a suggestion I may not answer that specific topic but I do want to be somewhat personal. Does that makes sense?


          I haven't tried any new recipes lately, but I am getting ready to start a grocery list here in a bit with some new meal ideas, they sound pretty scrumptious. One of them is a Layered Salad with homeade Buttermilk Ranch dressing. Another recipe idea I have is Crispy Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard. I found both of these recipes in issues of a magazine I subscribe to and I absolutely LOVE this magazine. If you've never heard of ALL YOU, go check it out! You can only buy it at Wal-Mart, and I absolutely loathe hate going to Wal-Mart. It's got great recipes, home ideas, cleaning tips, organization ideas, and the best part is it has COUPONS in it!! Who doesn't love good coupons?! I know I do, but I usually end up not using them, and then they go to waste. :( Also, another magazine I get is Weight Watchers. I LOVE this magazine too!! I will be trying their pancake recipe and also they have some toppings for the pancakes so I'm anxious to try those out as well. Should keep me busy. I'll have to let you know how the recipes turn out!

          Alright, well I guess I'll close for now, but please give me your feedback and comment all you want! I am interested in healthy recipes that maybe you like that you could recommend! I'm always up for trying new recipes.  Have a great night!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Jen! I'm so proud of you for heading to the gym! It does make you feel better, doesn't it? I have several tricks I use that might help you.
    One is that I save the good stuff, reading wise, and only allow myself to read it while on the bike. It might be a great issue of People magazine or a great new library book I cant wait to dive into...but I make myself save it. Then I pedal on a moderate speed for 45 min to an hour, with the time going by so much faster because I'm distracted by the reading.
    I also am VERY motivated by music. I make a play list that has a few slow songs, for warm ups, then a whole string of faster songs. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing steam then a song with a great rhythm will come on and all of the sudden I'm pedaling faster again.
    I also play games with myself...during the chorus I ride hard/fast, then during the verses I go back to moderate riding. Or even for one song I push the resistance up about one notch harder than I would usually ride, and only let myself stop when that song is over...I can make it through that three minutes of tougher riding, knowing I get to kick it down a notch when it's over.
    Hope that helps. Keep blogging..its a great way to journal for yourself too!
    Judy
    justonefoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete