Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Today is the day!

So, today is the day I really start changing my life for the better. I have a health goal that I am trying to achieve. I got serious today. Previously, I have tried pretty much every weight loss program known to man. I succeeded for a time and then fell right back into the trap of not following it. Recently, I have started to feel worse about myself, the way I look and the way I feel physically and about how I see myself. I don't want to be that person anymore. I am generally a pretty happy person, but recently I have struggled. I will not let Satan win, because to me this is not only a "battle of the bulge" in health terms, but it's a battle of the flesh with the enemy. I am a child of God and I have been made in His image. I want to strive to glorify Him in all that I do, and trust in Him that He will help me through the battle I have with self-control. I know I don't have the willpower- but with Christ, I am able to conquer.

I actually went to the gym today. I shocked myself, but I read a post on Facebook that someone had pinned from Pinterest and it just hit me. I HAD to go to the gym. After class, I came home, changed clothes, and headed to the gym without giving myself time to talk myself out of it. I was going to go no matter what. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I was shocked at my determination! Maybe I have finally, officially hit my lowest point with this whole weight loss struggle. I'm ready to change. I have thought that I had hit rock bottom with this struggle, but until now I don't think that I had. I feel so much better now that I actually went and did it. It made me feel so good that I've already decided to go tomorrow. I am done making excuses. Anyway, I didn't do anything too difficult because I haven't worked out in quite some time, but I managed to burn several hundred calories and I feel a lot more energized than I have felt in a while too. Endorphins I tell ya!!

Let me ask you this- What are some of your favorite work-outs? How do you stay motivated to press on?  Also, I'm interested in learning about fitness supplements, etc but can't handle a lot of carbs. Going back to the workout thing though, I live in Missouri so we have no hills really, and it's blazing hot here at the moment! Also, I am not an outdoorsy type of girl (just an FYI), but I still want to hear from y'all about what you do and what you would suggest to help me. Hope everyone has a great evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment